St. Michael's School Golf Ball Drop Raffle
September 18, 2021
From 11 am to 3 pm
Highway to Heaven Lane
Great Mills, MD
1. The Contest: For a donation of $100* for 1 raffle ball,
a person, age 18 or older, will be entered in the Saint Michael’s Golf Ball Drop to take place on September 18, 2021 at Flat Iron Farm on Flat Iron Road, Great Mills, MD.
Participants may enter more than once. Participants will be
assigned a numbered golf ball (maximum of 2,000) for each raffle ticket purchased.
2. The Drop : All purchased numbered golf balls will be placed randomly into a
container and dropped from a helicopter from a height of approximately 150 feet
onto the assigned targets. The participant whose ball goes into the target holes or is closest to the
target holes will be declared the sole winner of the Golf Ball Drop and be awarded
the prizes as outlined below.
3. Prizes : The sole prizes shall be 40% of the total money raised specifically for the Helicopter
Drop. All prizes are subject to rules outlined below. (18 Prizes) 1st place will be the 18th hole, 2ndplace
will be the 9thhole. 3rd place will be all remaining holes (1-8 and 10-17).
4. Rules : If no golf ball goes into the target hole, then the participant whose ball lands
closest to the target hole will be declared the winner as determined by the
independent judges. If no golf ball goes into the target hole and the winner is determined
by the measurement of the golf balls from the target hole, and the judges determine that there
is a tie among these balls, then each ball will be declared a winner and the prizes
will be shared equally among these winners. Location closest to the hole of at least
four balls will be taken in case there is any question of eligibility or a winner does not claim the
5. Announcement of Prize Winners : The winners need not be present to win. The
winners will be announced at the Saint Michael’s Golf Ball Drop immediately following the Golf Ball Drop. The winners name will also be posted on the Saint Michael’s website following the conclusion of the event.
6. Alternative Process : If some unforeseen event prevents Saint Michael’s from being able to conduct the Golf Ball Drop as outlined above, then the winner will be
determined by the following alternative process: Within a week of the scheduled event, all
purchased Golf Balls will be placed into a container and an independent judge selected by the
organizers will draw the winners (first ball to be drawn will be the winner).
7. Purchasing Raffles : Golf Ball Drop raffles (up to 2,000) will be available for sale at all Saint Michael’s events, parents/friends of students and on our web site. (http://smsgolfballdrop.com)
Each raffle ticket is: $100 Tickets are non-refundable.
8. Tracking Tickets : Saint Michael’s School shall be responsible for maintaining the list of
raffles sold and the name and email address of the purchaser of each raffle, and have that list
available (and any interested members of the public) to insure the openness and integrity of the Golf Ball Drop Raffle.
9. Eligible Participants : Participant must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a
raffle and win the prize. All officers and members of Saint Michael’s are eligible to
purchase tickets and to win the prize, however the independent judges who will
decide the winners of the golf ball drop are ineligible to win. Verification of eligibility
and identity may be required before releasing the prize.
10. Notification of Winner : If the winner is not present at the time of the golf ball
drop, then the winner will be notified by email or phone call. If the winner cannot be located or
fails to claim the prize within thirty (30) days after notification, the prize will be forfeited
as specified in the rules above.
11. Forfeiting of Prize : If no winner comes forth after attempting to contact the four
separate, sequential winners as provided in the rules above, then the prize will be
forfeited to Saint Michael’s School.
12. Miscellaneous :
a. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries (up to 2,000) received by
the deadline set forth above.
b. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
c. Void where prohibited by law.
d. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the individual winner.
e. The funds raised at this event will be used to support the programs of Saint Michael’s School
not-for-profit organization, tax exempt under IRC Section
f. Decisions by the Golf Ball Drop judges on all aspects of the raffle will be binding and
g. The prizes will not be awarded, and will be forfeited, if the raffle was issued in
exchange for a donation by check returned for “insufficient funds” or by a credit card
charge deemed “declined”, “invalid”, or “stolen.”
h. The Saint Michael’s Golf Ball Drop Committee may amend these rules as
appropriate to ensure the fairness and original intent of the contest.
i. The donations for tickets to this raffle are not tax deductible.
j. The source of the funds to award prizes is the general assets of Saint Michaels School.
13. Release of Liability : By participating, each participant releases, discharges,
indemnifies, and holds harmless Saint Michael’s School, their
parent, subsidiary, successor and affiliated companies/organizations, and their respective
officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives and promotional (collectively the
“Releases”) from any and all liability, loss, harm, injury, damage, cost and expense whatsoever
arising directly or indirectly from the receipt of the prize or participation in the raffle.
Copyright © 2021 St. Michael's School Golf Ball Drop - All Rights Reserved.