May 9, 2020
45840 Hwy to Heaven Lane
Great Mills, MD 20634
11:00 - 3:00 pm
Golf balls drop at 1:00 pm
For a donation of $100* for 1 raffle ball, a person, age 18 or older, will be entered in the Saint Michael’s Golf Ball Drop to take place on May 9, 2020 at Flat Iron Farm on Flat Iron Road, Great Mills, MD. Participants may enter more than once. Participants will be assigned a numbered golf ball (maximum of 2,000) for each raffle ticket purchased.
The fundamental purpose of Saint Michael's Catholic School is to assist the church in its ministry of a christian education, and take responsibility with parents to develop the education of the whole child through word, worship, and service.
The Helicopter Golf Ball Drop will be a great way to support the school. Golf Ball Drop raffles (up to 2,000) will be available for sale at all Saint Michael’s events, parents/friends of students and on our web site.
Volunteer to help at the event!
1. The Contest: For a donation of $100* for 1 raffle ball, a person, age 18 or older, will be entered in the Saint Michael’s Golf Ball Drop to take place on May 9, 2020 at Flat Iron Farm on Flat Iron Road, Great Mills, MD. Participants may enter more than once. Participants will be assigned a numbered golf ball (maximum of 2,000) for each raffle ticket purchased.
2. The Drop : All purchased numbered golf balls will be placed randomly into a container and dropped from a helicopter from a height of approximately 150 feet onto the assigned targets. The participant whose ball goes into the target holes or is closest to the target holes will be declared the sole winner of the Golf Ball Drop and be awarded
the prizes as outlined below.
3. Prizes : The sole prizes shall be 40% of the total money raised specifically for the Helicopter Drop. All prizes are subject to rules outlined below. (18 Prizes) 1st place will be the 18th hole, 2nd place will be the 9th hole. 3rd place will be all remaining holes (1-8 and 10-17).
4. Rules : If no golf ball goes into the target hole, then the participant whose ball lands closest to the target hole will be declared the winner as determined by the independent judges. If no golf ball goes into the target hole and the winner is determined by the measurement of the golf balls from the target hole, and the judges determine that there is a tie among these balls, then each ball will be declared a winner and the prizes will be shared equally among these winners. Location closest to the hole of at least four balls will be taken in case there is any question of eligibility or a winner does not claim the prize.
5. Announcement of Prize Winners : The winners need not be present to win. The winners will be announced at the Saint Michael’s Golf Ball Drop immediately following the Golf Ball Drop. The winners name will also be posted on the Saint Michael’s website following the conclusion of the event.
6. Alternative Process : If some unforeseen event prevents Saint Michael’s from being able to conduct the Golf Ball Drop as outlined above, then the winner will be determined by the following alternative process: Within a week of the scheduled event, all purchased Golf Balls will be placed into a container and an independent judge selected by the organizers will draw the winners (first ball to be drawn will be the winner).
7. Purchasing Raffles : Golf Ball Drop raffles (up to 2,000) will be available for sale at all Saint Michael’s events, parents/friends of students and on our web site. Each raffle ticket is: $100 Tickets are non-refundable.
8. Tracking Tickets : Saint Michael’s School shall be responsible for maintaining the list of raffles sold and the name and email address of the purchaser of each raffle, and have that list available (and any interested members of the public) to insure the openness and integrity of the Golf Ball Drop Raffle.
9. Eligible Participants : Participant must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a raffle and win the prize. All officers and members of Saint Michael’s are eligible to purchase tickets and to win the prize, however the independent judges who will decide the winners of the golf ball drop are ineligible to win. Verification of eligibility and identity may be required before releasing the prize.
10. Notification of Winner : If the winner is not present at the time of the golf ball drop, then the winner will be notified by email or phone call. If the winner cannot be located or fails to claim the prize within thirty (30) days after notification, the prize will be forfeited as specified in the rules above.
11. Forfeiting of Prize : If no winner comes forth after attempting to contact the four separate, sequential winners as provided in the rules above, then the prize will be forfeited to Saint Michael’s School.
12. Miscellaneous :
13. Release of Liability : By participating, each participant releases, discharges, indemnifies, and holds harmless Saint Michael’s School, their parent, subsidiary, successor and affiliated companies/organizations, and their respective
officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives and promotional (collectively the “Releases”) from any and all liability, loss, harm, injury, damage, cost and expense whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from the receipt of the prize or participation in the raffle.
Files coming soon.
With all of us working together, we can accomplish great things. To volunteer or contribute to our fundraiser, send us a message. We will get back to you soon.
Flat Iron Farm on Flat Iron Road, Great Mills, MD